The Finley Family

The Finley Family

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Picky Eater

I swore I would never be one of those parents that has a picky eater. So in order to accomplish that goal I have always let the kids choose (within reason) what they want for breakfast and lunch, but when it comes to dinner I have ALWAYS had the policy that whatever momma makes everyone eats, if you don't like it you don't eat. That has always worked for me and I thought I was raising children that would eat, or at least try anything. Then, Haylee became about 2 1/2 and the world has changed.

Tonight we were eating dinner and I had made a nice chicken (except with turkey) casserole, which I may add used to be one Haylee's favorite meals. Of course Kaleb is in his chair chowing down and Haylee is in her chair singing the Wheels on The Bus (cute, but not at dinner). So, in order to help this process along I put a tiny bite of casserole on Haylee's fork, she eats the bite, and then.......gags and barfs all over herself?!?!?!? What just happened?How did my child that would eat anything turn into this picky eater that now has some type of texture issue? Now, since we were having green beans along with our casserole she is sitting at the table eating green beans for dinner (one at a time as slowly as she possibly can!).

On a brighter note, Haylee said something very sweet yesterday.....as I was changing Kaleb's diaper she came running into his room yelling "Kaleb is my bestest friend" over and over. It was very loud, but very cute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment