The Finley Family

The Finley Family

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Speaking My Mind/ Ready 2 Run

SPEAKING MY MIND!!!

As I sit here in the living room of my moms house I am reminded about how nice it is to be able to speak your mind without being judged.....oh, wait, I can not do that here (or anywhere). It seems like no matter where I go or who I am with there is always something that I should not say. I feel like I am stuck in a world that everyone judges everyone else but no one stops to think about how they are affecting others. I am not very political most of the time....and I tend to think of myself as somewhere in the middle (not quite all Democrat, but not Republican either). So, living in the great state of Texas is hard for me. There are a lot of people here that are such die hard Republicans that they do not stop to think that maybe not everyone shares their beliefs. I encounter it everywhere I go, people talking bad about Democrats, people talking bad about the President, people making you feel like if you do not agree with them then you are WRONG!! I do not understand this?? Why can we not come together as a people and love one another. Why can we not support our President even if he is not who we voted for just because he is our President!! Why can we not let people know we care about them without pushing our religious beliefs on them!!

I was raised in a very religious family and the main reason I strayed away from the church is not because I do not believe in God, but because I have found that ultra religious people can be (not always) some of the most hypocritical people I have ever met! Why can we not all just take the main messages of the Bible and practice them in our everyday lives? Love thy Neighbor.....in my mind this does not say Love thy neighbor IF they believe the same way you do....but instead it says we should love them for who they are. We do not have to agree with what everyone elso thinks but why do we have to judge them for the way they think? God loves ALL of us, why can't we do the same? It is not our job to judge....that is left up to God and that is who we should leave it up to! I mean obviously if someone does something wrong like kill, steal, etc. they need to be punished for what they have done, I am more talking about the little things. Who are we to say that being Gay makes you a bad person (it certainly is not contagious!!!) or if you are a Deomocrat you are not religious....all that is just plain balony!!!

READY 2 RUN

I start my new running program today!! I am very excited to see how much I will be able to accomplish with the support of other people! I am two + weeks into my new workout and watch what I eat regimine, and I have already lost 7 pounds! I still have A LOT to go but I think I am on the right track! My first 5 K is in 8 weeks so hopefully I can get in shape enough to do it!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST! I so understand about straying away from the Church. It by all means doesnt mean you strayed away from the Lord. I have come to find that the ones whom live,breath,poop religion are the ones who are making judgements against the rest of us which to me is by far not accepting those for whom they are and that is so important.. we shall not judge.....NO ONE is perfect and the Lord is not asking for perfect but I think just striveing sor it is good enough...Love one other and accept them for whom they are.. Not by looks, there prefernce in man/woman, not for some mistakes they may make, and def not for having the same believes. The Lord is beautiful and has blessed us and we know whats wrong and whats right with out having to be told.... I could go on for days but this was great... so realistic on our lifes today....

    ReplyDelete